M.A. Lee Scholarship
The M.A. Lee Scholarship Fund is a life-changing project that promotes education, the arts, and socio-economic changes. The foundation’s model is creative and innovative in combining key components such as training and education with unique celebrity and entrepreneurial mentoring experiences. The model provides opportunities for our youth to have a voice and create awareness about financial illiteracy, youth obesity, low self-esteem, high school dropout rates, and other health/social issues.
We Are No Longer Accepting Applications for the 2017-2018 Term as of 4/15/17
1) Candidate for the M.A. Lee Scholarship must be a SC resident. Candidates for the National Spokesperson Award must be a U.S. resident. Candidtes for the Robercina Lee Washington Scholarship must be a SC resident.
2) Candidate must be a May or June 2017 High School Graduate with acceptance from a 4-year College or University.
3) Candidate must submit a copy of their College Acceptance Letter.
4) Candidate must have a 2.75 or better GPA on a 4.0 scale.
5) Candidate must submit a copy of their High School transcript (with the cumulative GPA average) along with the scholarship application.
6) Candidate must submit an Academic Resume (to include volunteer work, club associations and employment history).
7) Candidate must submit three Letters of Recommendation (letters must be from a Teacher, Employer or Professional with an organization in which the candidate is a member)
8) Candidate must submit a 500 word essay in their OWN words using the topic:
What is your strongest, most unwavering personality trait? How has this trait contributed to the person you are today and what about this unwavering trait makes you a viable candidate for the M A Lee Scholarship?
9) Candidate must submit all the above documentation along with the Application Packet by U. S. Mail on or before April 15, 2017. Applications submitted in any manner other than U.S. Mail will not be accepted.
The 2017-2018 Application Deadline Has Expired
All required documentation must be received postmarked on or before April 30, 2016 to be considered for an award. Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit all necessary documents as soon as possible to assure a last minute delay will not preclude consideration for this scholarship.Only those candidates selected to receive an award will be notified.
Failure of an M.A. Lee Scholarship Award Recipient to attend the awards gala will automatically forfeit receipt of the scholarship.